Monday, March 19, 2007

It was a long weekend for me as I was on leave on Friday. The morning half of the day was spent at father's niche. Without a doubt, we all miss him although there was significantly less tears. Mother did a prayer routine and I must say that it is impressive that she has , for the first time in her religion life, been so sincere and hold fast to the faith with God. I firmly believe that father is at rest in peace but mother just wanted to recite the petition prayers to God for the dead.

We headed for lunch at a Pu Tien restaurant. I am assuming that we went to Pu Xin which IMHO is quite outstanding and at $20 per pax, it's satifying. If the Pu Tien Seafood serves much better food, I reckon there's certainly something to look forward to. will upload some pics on lunchlater.

We spend the rest of the afternoon really lazing, nap, surf net for the Japan trip, watch Tee Vee.. then it was dinner at Man Fu Yuan restaurant with hub's parents and eldest sister. The service was first class and out of the many courses of dishes, the steamed Soon Hock is my favourite. the bill came up to be about $40 per person. That is with priviledged card, vouchers discounts.

certainly felt like a glutton for eating so much rich and expensive food. Not sure if there was any relation but I had insommnia on Sat morning... at 8am, I felt so drugged (food intoxication) that it was almost impossible to make me do any runs.

Thank God for partners who motivates. I was literally dragged out of bed, did a 1.8km jog and felt more refresh to conquer the day.

The day saw me through Isaac's birthday, PTN in church and cell meet up till 1am!

As much as I felt concussed, I promptly went to church at 9am to do my SS service. Love the kiddos. They are ever such encouragement to me.

The shopping experience at the new Giant at Tampines left me a really bad taste. It was simply too congested, noisy and dirty to have me talk about any great discounts.

To make up for the poor afternoon, I made fried fish soup for dinner after our walk at the park. That gave some comfort to start the week that is to come.