Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Food adventure

We had been feasting!

Last Saturday, we went to Wild Rocket with our nephews and kids. Hubby volunteered the treat cos he's forever so generous to his nephews and nieces, besides taking care of the children. The place is a bit of a maze to find though and by the time we arrive (after swimming) at 8pm, we were starving.

The verdict:
Talk about fusion food! The soup impressed me the most, it was cream of lotus root with wolfberries. It looked like yam paste but the taste is so comforting. Usually when we double boil the clear broth - lotus root soup with pork ribs, the ingredients are not consumed. The kids took no time to finish up. Good tips for me to start blending soups.

The softshell crab did not leave me much. I'd say the pepper sauce was good.

For the main course, we all gave thumbs up. The interesting orders was prob hubby's Laksa preso which looks italian (spaghetti with some green paste), smells like laksa, taste ... well both Asian and European. And my dish, the squid ink linguine. yep, not the kind of food you'll order with clients. My teeth were all inky aftermath, looking the part of pirates.

------------

It's oyster night on Tuesdays at Greenwood Fish market and Bistro. We would not have done this dinner on other Tuesdays cos Nathan has classes. Hubby was suppose to treat but since he has to give the best of the crop to God first, this time, I took up the tab. That will give us another excuse to feast next month ;P

Verdict:
The atmosphere reminded us of the Fisherman's wharf in Australia (tassie or Melbourne or Sydney). It's fish market that serves great fresh seafood.

The calamari does us in. It came with very complimentary salad at the bottom of those fried sotong pieces. I almost ordered that as desserts, haha. The corn soup, er, not our type. The oysters at that price and fresh, I could have at least 2 dozens. I had to control myself. We shared 15, I cannot register how many I had, I just take, dig, slurp the whole time. I won't be surprise if I had 10 and hubby had only 5. The pics are little dark as the ambience was suppose to be romantic.



The mains were red miso cod for hubby and lobster linguine for me. The cod with the red miso sauce was great when you start eating but not sustainable.
My dish was tasty, it had a dash of chilli padi in the linguine and the lobster was the size of my palm. Oiishi neh!



the cod (grilled with red miso) and mashed sweet potato



the lobster