Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Amazing love

I've been too busy. With things to do, to be done and plan to do. But I want to thank God the many things he's blessing and had blessed.

A couple of months ago, J and J asked for prayers for their little nephew, Jovan. He's a 4 year-old with liver cancer, 4th stage. That is about the most terminating stage. I cringe when I listen on - on his treatment and hospital stay.
Now, this is not the first time I hear sickness that needed prayer, needed God's merciful intervention. In the past, I've always prayed for hope, hope that the sickness will be healed and that it's His will be done and that people around the sick will know about Him.

I've underestimated God's divine grace and power.




Seriously. I lack pure faith.



One day, a week after praying for Jovan. I was praying silently during my train ride home. I felt a gut of passion crept up my throat like a cry lump. Then, I told God that I am tired of seeing prayers to get well "unhear". I want to see His work be done. I wanted to press ahead in my relationship with Him and thus, I want to see Jovan healed.

I knew that healing had taken place when I stepped out of that train that day. somehow.

Last Saturday, during our bible study gathering. J shared that Jovan's condition has improved tremendously and he is checking out of the hospital! Praise God! Amazing God, Amazing love, Amazing grace.

The kids has done fairly well for their school exams.
Their results:
Nathan at P5: English - 87, Chinese - 77, Math - 95, Science - 79 (avg 85)
Natasha at P2: English - 92, Chinese - 99, Math - 99 (avg 97)

I usually dislike watching 心晴大动员, for the fact that I want to avoid seeing hypocrites. But last night's episode moved me. It demonstrated amazing love from the family, it shows how much love we have for our fellow human kind. It taught me yet another lesson on God's Amazing mercy each and everyday on my family and I.

I am bursting to sing this chorus:

Amazing love, how can it be
that You my King would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
And it's my joy to honour You
In all I do, I honour You