Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today...

Hubby went back to work today after his 2 weeks compliance leave. His boss took the package and her last day was yesterday - no handover, no goodbye. His good friend will be having his last day today. A few he talked worked closely with is already gone. Boy, what a horrendous feeling to see things collasping around you.

The exercise will carry out till this friday. He may or may not be on the list. We can only trust God for his coverage. In times like this, we can only be as steadfast in our faith and positive looking as we can be.

~~~~~~~~~

On a lighter note, he shared with me what transpired between his girl and him when he fetched her to school for her Guzheng class yesterday. Apparently, my girl doesn't aspire to be like me when it comes to spending. In her words - if the thing mommy fancy is good and cheap, she'd buy. But it's very good and nice but expensive, she won't even consider.

This came up as they spoke about shopping money and she remembered shopping with me recently and I tried a dress which she commented that it was very pretty. The tag was $80 so I put it back to the rack but bought a purple tulip skirt for $28 instead. She could not comprehend why I didn't buy the pretty dress. I told her that it was not really value for money since the price tag I had in mind for that dress is $50-60, by that I factored the skirt I bought is 28 and for a dress that covers my top and bottom should be around the same too. She still didn't quite get it so I let it be.
Her daddy asks if she would get that dress if she were me and she says : if you allow me, yes.
She either loved that dress I don that price should not be the determining factor or she does not really understand value for money concept.

I am glad that my kids are well provided for, so money is not a consequence.