Monday, May 26, 2008

for records

It's holiday. Nathan and Tasha expressed it loud and clear by singing "What time is it?" from HSM Wii last night : "It's our vacation. What time is it? Party time. That's right, say it loud!" haha. We've all been too pressured to do well for their exams... yes, I wrote it correctly, WE. not THEY.
get it?

Nathan did pretty okay, I think he (and I) had very high expectations but I was please with his results - although his Maths went from the 90/100 percentile to the 80/90 as I find the exam paper challenging myself.
It wasn't the results that he got a earful from me. It was his attitude for not doing post mortem learning, he sorta realised that he should put in more effort in the learning process than focusing on just getting the marks right.

When I went on my company's KL trip, he went for his P5 camp. On Sat, when he came back at noon, I asked if he called home during his camp. He said : mum, no news is good news. Urh, okay.. so this guy is talking smart alecky. I learnt from my nephew that he won the best male camper. whoa. I questioned why he didn't tell me himself, his reply was that there was a gift and he wanted to tell (and surprise) me when he open his prize.

When we went for lunch that day, he wallopped an adult size spaghetti, kids size meat balls set and a Diam cake - in record time of 15 mins! He must have missed good food :)
It's Tasha's first exam this year since her school implements no P1 exams. I had thought that she might be jittery so my expectations were lower. She managed to pull through and with flying colors! 100% for her chinese paper 2! Not sure if that means she is much stronger in language.

Over the weekend, we took our time to do some of the things we never really get to do for the past few months - RELAX!
We even found time to do the coloring competition at downtown east - walking distant from our place.



their parents brought a portable table for them, now why didn't I think of that?

Although we didn't win anything, it was a good time we spent just doing some of these things outside our norm.
The best part was, we didn't have to eat out. Their daddy stayed home to cook dinner for us :)