Thursday, May 24, 2012

a dark secret

ready?

I saw this "joke" and reminded me of what I did which ruin some friendship and relationship. I do have some confused character back then!



In Poly year 1. I was showered with endless attention from the engineering folks. ME, EE, ELE. I was not very confident of my assets - I didn't think I was pretty or beautiful at all. But then again, there were so little girls in those departments! But I was definitely basking in those attention.

I was working full time at the Co-op and before long, I got to know three male buddies : KA, J and LH.
I was particularly attracted to LH who had a gf. J and KA was interested in me with all kinds of hints but I acted blur. I was trying to buy time to enjoy the attention and the group dates.
Subsequently, I was tricked into single dates with J and KA. KA was older, could drive and sometimes drives his family car. At that age, you get impress with boys who drives. And then, before I knew it, in some stupor condition, I actually accepted KA's "steady" proposal. J keep saying that I was cheating his feelings. Of which, I didn't think going on single dates means I was commital. Plus, J thought good looking was really not my type.

However, I was still looking out as I didn't think that I will last with KA. I was not mature to be in a relationship but don't really know how to get out of the nasty situation... and I was also having crushes on a few other boys everywhere. i.e. church, workplace etc..

THEN, one day, the three of them decided to pay a prank on me. They called me using an external phone.  I've always spoken mandarin with them and never held any conversation in English. So LH started conversing with me in English that he was particularly attracted to me, got access to my number and hope to be my friend. I was pretty flattered and of cos was gushing and flirting on the line. I had no freaking idea it was LH! KA was naturally super upset with me. His "gf" of less than 1 month flirting with another guy.
I caught their reaction when I reached the place where they made the "con-call" and their expression was pretty classic. Diverted eyes from LH and J.. KA made an excuse that he had a class to go to. then for the next couple of weeks, I saw nothing of KA, very little of J and LH. All I knew was that it was a silent breakup and J told me that KA was getting drunk almost everyday. I cared for KA though I didn't like him that way. I called him to apologise and all so that was an episode to learn how to handle "heart-ship". Crystal clear till today cos it was such a huge mistake!