Monday, June 09, 2008

weekend, continue...

We woke up at 6.15am and got ready to set off for the SAAB duathlon. I run the 5K, they support. This race was against all odds. It's a relay - 5K run/20K cycle/2.5k run. I wanted to join the Saucony run instead but due to the pressure that this is a company sponsored (not main) so the marketing group is rallying to have the most numbers of participants. So I was the first leg, a guy (HT) was the cyclist, then a lady (A) colleague will do the last leg.
HT decided to pull out during registration, I think it's cos he feels he'd lose out as the rest of the members are girls.
So I told the organiser to see if there are any "loose" participants and if we can form a team, I will join. And they did.
On Sunday morning, I saw a message from the cyclist (R) injured his ankle from a minor car accident on Sat and is unable to join. The one who was suppose to do the 2.5k pulled out too cos there will be no cyclist to pass the baton to her.
I still went ahead. Just so to complete my own desire to get that run out of my system. It was tough, the runners are all darn pro!!! As I run, everyone seems to be passing by me and before 1k is done, I looked back and I was the LAST! whoa. It was demoralising. But I persevere... and came in 30mins and was the last 4th. Lesson learnt, definitely not to underestimate corporate runs and MUST practice.

coming in last 5.. ;P

then we roam around the area since it's still pretty early.

SAAB convert


Tiam Hock Keng temple?
Nostalgic breakfast at Chinatown