Tuesday, December 27, 2005

work on it!

It was a really great and restful long weekend. recalling some highlights...

Christmas eve:

Had a nice sweet family dinner at Swensens. With topless five, each get to have their fav flavour in the same bowl.

Christmas:

quote of the day (from Tasha): We must remember to say thank you God when we eat today because it's Jesus's birthday.

another reason for family gathering at my place. We organised the games and "Bingo" was a hit. My nephew was the winner and gained $66 and his mum paid $10 for five tickets.
That 45mins was the only period ALL was involved. Usually, this would happen:
5 out 9 children stuck at X-box after a board game (varies between Risk and Monopoly).
1 niece will stick her nose in her book most of her entire attendence.
My daughter and 1 nephew will explore the other many non-electronic games in the house.
1 nephew will be at the computer with the LAN world out there.

4 adults will be together doing dry swimming.
3 ah-sohs (including moi) with Elder ah soh will chat about urm... recent trips, cooking recipes, new school...
the rest will watch Tee Vee or be spectator of the majong game that is going on.

Post Christmas:

great to wake up after a busy day and rest. The children ride their bikes and we roller blade (try to, we ain't any pro) at the nearby park. Hubby was "jioed" to play majong and the children wants to play with their cousins, I had a wonderful afternoon napping, catching up with my Korean serials.

looking forward to the up and coming long weekend :)

reminders:
Since 2005 is coming to an end soon, I have decided to kick my own ass and get some things I've procrastinated, done. Some notes to keep me noted...

1) buy Nathan's new school books ~ done this morning
2) pack up the study cum computer table ~ done yesterday
3) pack up my magazines
4) go through my cookies recipes and stock check ~ done yesterday
5) make choc chop cookies
6) file recipes from magazines and misc.
7) print some pictures and start on the scrapbook x 3, so that children can keep theirs in future and I get to keep mine with ALL pictures in tact : 3 months project.