Wednesday, December 07, 2005

so far in Dec..

The highlights of Dec.

Chestnuts was as nutty as it got. For the entire 2 hours, my cheeks were well exercised, that means during the intermission, I was smiling whilst thinking of the incredible spoof hossan and Jonathan did.
hahahahahahahaha.. Climb mountain every...... by Yoda Hossan

Aiyah, I was so filled with excitement joining a new company after so many years, I forgot about the Estee sales. Anyway, save money la.

Chicken little was a disappointment after all the hype. The only thing I learnt from him is "everyday is a new day". Smile and strive when facing adversity. Nathan says he learnt not to lie. Natasha learnt that Nathan ate more pop corns than him.

New Job.. err... I'm a moaner by nature. So here I go.

it's nuclear concept so I have no cubicle. Only tiny desk, I suppose sales must always be out thus such idea but that means no privacy.. shit.

Totally different type of business, so much to unlearn and relearn. Plus, at this level, I don't get any training at all. I'll just need to swim around and see how to survive. Got to work on 5 items ~ 3 tenders that is due this month.

Some people here has poor, erm very poor EQ. I pardon them but strange culture they have here.
They ask me not to wear heels, the guys here are generally quite short.. in height (what were you thinking?)
No good looking gals or guys.. sigh
Gals here totally don't have any regards for their work clothes. Very different from gals from City. Don't get offended please for those who fit into this category.
Lunch time includes a solemn time out of 10 mins.. nothing to say even in a group of 6 people. Except for the first two days, the heat of Standard Chart's marathon took over the entire 1 hour lunch break.

People here don't lock their notebooks or bags. It's all over the place. they say it's really safe with the highly secured environment. CCTV and access rights. Totally uncomfortable for me.
They even look the contents in your PC whilst you take a break to photocopy stuff.
I am using a very old model of laptop even though we are selling the latest model of hardware, the trackpoint sometimes goes haywire, the RAM is super low thus speed is super slow.

Some of the stuff here are like Tamil to the Mohicans as to me. I am swimming in a lost pool.
People here work 10.30am to 9pm. I prefer 8.30am to 6pm leh.
I really dunch know how long I'll stay...

The good side is:
90% lesser phonecalls and emails. My skin is improving cos lesser stress, I think.