Saturday, December 31, 2005

hmmm

Every year, without fail, the world counts down to the end of my birthday. I find that the older I grow, the lesser this occasion is to moi. (do I say this every year??)

Now, a couple of days ago.. i teasingly ask my ahbang to prepare some activities to make the day a surprise and see what he can come out with. Although he is really poor in that department but this sweet fellow did not even try to protest. Working in this new company has improved his sensitivity alot more. a few days ago, he saw that I asked my MIL to come along with us to see count down if we are going somewhere on NY's eve. So he decided to do something impromtu today. no pic cos it was kinda planned by ahbang to be unplanned.. am I getting somewhere with that statement?

No plans, juz go with the flow..

We went to do some mini shopping at Tangs, Isetan, Scotts, Pacific World (spent less that 20 mins in one place).. head down to Liang court's Audio place since my DVD player had given up after 2 years ++ . However, we did not invest in anything expensive on impulse. Then, since Clarke Quay is around the corner, we just checked it out. go with the flow...

We were really taking in all that's there, boy.. so much have changed and it's been sometime since we took time off by ourselves to explore. I particularly enjoyed the "free show" at G-max reverse Bungy thingy some tourist was doing. I might try that one day cos it really looks fun.

Along the way, we checked out the entire stretch of offers on food then decided on Hot Stone steak while we were on the way back to Forbidden City . I guess the latter will wait for another special day.

The food was really scrumptuous but that's besides the point. While we were hanging around for our mud pie, we heard our next table neighbour asking for 1 for 1 promotion birthday treat. Our ears picked up and ahbang found out that the person on birthday month has 1 for 1 main course with UOB card! heh, that's a real treat since we really did not plan on being C&G (cheap and good).

that about wrap up my BD celebration, it's gonna be a family day tomorrow so not so much on BD celebration. But it's nice not having the need to work or take leave :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy NEW YEAR everyone!.. May 2006 be a year of accumulation of fond memories. Cheers!