Thursday, August 06, 2009

Oh well...

August is a real exciting start. I had alot pack in action this month but the flu virus has more in store for us.

family time table and the "add-on":

1 Aug- Nathan shortlisted for NJC. went for day camp
4 to 11 Aug - H1N1 virus healing and qurantine
8 Aug- help out for H.O.P.E.
9 Aug - farewell for Ong family as they are doing 2 yrs in USA.
10 Aug - H.O.P.E fair and Public holiday
16 Aug - Safra Bay run
20 and 21 Aug - PSLE oral
21 evening to 23 Aug - Bintan weekend break for my younger brother's BD
24 to 28 Aug - P6 Prelim and P3 practice paper 2
28 Aug - Natasha GEP screening test
29 Aug - Natasha school briefing on rebalacing affliation (to sec school)

As much as I love meaningful events, being sick is something I don't appreciate. Esp when it happens to my kids.
The H1N1 virus made me work harder at home but helped me to bond again with the kids. I've not had been the 24/7 mum for them since they're... P1? In terms of physical needs, I don't need to coax them, feed them, monitor them constantly. I am only with them on brain wave level - coach their studies, give them spelling and assessments, read newspapers, scream at them to DIY...
If you ask me, I'd prefer taking care of physical needs anytime. At least, it's immediately appreciated and the hugs means alot more.
The latter, is really for them to appreciate when they reach their 20s/30s and it's really much harder work.
But in anyway, they need to grow up and the latter will definitely take place more.

The worst of the virus is over - I pray that there will not be any more high fever and severe headaches. they are enjoying each other's company playing the computer games - whilst the rest of the schooling kids do their time at school.
This National day holiday will promise alot of indoor games - mahjong, carrom, movies since we are not going out.