Monday, July 21, 2008

The Run

The 10k shape run for me is true test of perseverance. This time, I put in slightly more effort to train and prepare for the run.


1) did at least once a week of at least 5km run
2) swam 10 laps every week
3) slept early before the run
4) drank chicken essence, a banana for carbo, a snack bar and drank a glass of water in the morning of the run
5) put on sun block

In comparison to that very unprepared SAAB 5k run a month ago, I felt more confident toward finishing the 10km.


However, it was not easy when I was in the midst doing it. Although, it had never occur to me to give up midway... there was a good deal of pain I felt :

- at about 2.5km, the area around my gastic tensed up.. I had to slow down to eased it.
- at 3km, my mental was drifting to walk .. to walk..
- at 3.5km, I relented and walked - it was brisk walk, run, walk, run, brisk walk, run.. for the next few km.
- at 4plus km, seeing some at 6km was a bit of a struggle.
- at 6plus km, I realised that there were much more people behind me.
- at 8km, my left knee hurts and I felt like I was limping. I was wearing knee guard only for the right knee and though I had a surge of inspiration to run all the way but couldn't.
-I did a dash at the last 100m and since I didn't set a goal to the timing, I thought 1 hour 15 mins was pretty poor.
- my hubby who was kind enough to support me at the finishing line.......
...... But poured comments like how come someone who was in tudung came in earlier than me - at 1 hour 6 mins.
*gah* could there be anything more comforting than that, huh, huh?!


Although, it was hard to swallow that comment, I felt it was somewhat true. But I didn't take that defeatedly. In fact, I was proud of myself - finishing the this maiden attempt of 10km and at a personal best time.

My pained look at the finishing line.




with Cheryl who did the fun 5k. check out her number