Thursday, December 27, 2007

.....

I've anticipated the day to come and it became one of the worst day of the year. It seems to me that my spouse cannot live without a helper. Without any meaning to complain or whatsoever, I did most of the housechores. The children can tell that I am doing alot and tries to do their part voluntarily. The spouse also does some but really, I clean, mop, wash, dust, cook ... amongst Christmas preparation for his side of party (traditionally, I'd buy, wrap the presents, cook a dish for the gathering for his family). This year, it's just too much pressure for me to do everything in perfection. The maid was schedule to come back on Christmas eve. Honestly, I don't know what happened. We bought a return flight for her and it's holiday so there is no way to check if she actually board the plane to Singapore. The spouse literally went into shock and complained how badly I handled the maid thing. We made a mistake by not buying insurance and if she came back but go missing, we'd need to cough up 5k. I told him that there is really nothing that we can do except to move on through Christmas and I will settle everything on 26th. He gave me hell on eve, not wanting to go Church but was "force" to attend because his nephews are going. He made tons of critical comments but I also had to add fuel to the fire by opposing to his critics. He was mad, I was mad. I tried to loosen him up and when he didn't, bullets from me start flying. The was quite a bad Christmas eve.

Christmas day came and I thought by morning, it should be okay. After a swifty clean up of the house, I started to dress my girl up so that we can get the stuff ready for the christmas gathering and as I was ready to go, he announced that he wants to have time to iron his clothes! because he had no work shirts to wear! @#$%#$%
There was 2 pants and 4 shirts in the ironing basket. He has at least 20 shirts in the wardrobe and no lack of pants, I even handwash his underwear so that he has the best! I made some really nasty comments and sulk. He did not make any point to make the suituation better and I decided at the point to sleep through the day. I was really tired. However, I had hoped that he could convince me out of it when he decided to give me the appreciation.

He didn't and threatened that if I didn't start for the gathering, he would boycott going to MY family gathering. That was it, we cold war and verbal fought from 10 am to 8.30pm. My children were already at the gathering so that really gave us lots of time to fight.

We've made up but even more so only when I called the airline and confirmed that the maid did not board the flight. He managed to cancel her work permit. I brought in a temporary maid and basically I took care of ... whatever needs taking care of.

And just for records, during that afternoon, I ironed all the clothes.

Christmas 2007, it'd be a day I want to forget.