Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pissed

Pissed 1:
We were having dinner at Sakae two couple of nights ago, we had Sukiyaki, some sushi, okonomiyaki, kagiage, Unagi don ... I was famished but he has to give all the negative comments about the food. So irritating. It nearly spoilt my appetite if I did not ask him to stop.
"the soup is not as nice as the one at Wisma"
"the Kagiage is not as nice as the one at orchard"
"the standard dropped so much!"

I remain silent thru out and tried to ignore the large part of the negativity. Cos mostly, he is such.

As a result of non-response, the comments increase and there was not a single nice comments and it would somehow affect the way the food tasted even though it was originally rather palatable.

So I calmly told him that
firstly, Thank God for the spread we have and the luxury of food. Second, these are all wonderful hot food and taste is alright. Thirdly, we never had Kagiage at orchard before, Simei was the first time we had it and that was when I introduced it to him.
Adding that if he does not keep his trap shut, it is really affecting me.

He showed his frustrations that I cannot concur with him so he curl his lips for a while and ate most of his meal in silent.

That was the older man in my household and mind you, that was not the first nor the last. Besides his mum's cooking, his negativity is killing me literally.

Now, I am not saying that one should not even give any comment about food but just be polite, saying it once is more than suffice. Don't expect others to agree.
Plus, I usually do not volunteer my opinion if the food does not deserve 3/4 stars out of 5. I would only voiced it if the food was burnt, overcooked, undercooked and the comments will go straight to the restaurant and not to the people ard me, affecting their appetite.

argh, when will he learn???

Pissed 2:

After presenting the rock, he literally spend 70% of his home time with the PC on soccer results. I would rather have good quality time with him than to spend it with the ring with rock.

Pissed 3:

He was responsible for arranging for Nathan's appointment for ops since September as he laments that he is very free at work, almost bored to death. I had the RFP etc to finished. Till date, he has not given me a single confirmation and he has tai chi it to me when I kept asking him about the status.


Pissed 4:

I reminded him to do more savings since we don't have much and I can see that he is not doing a proactive job in doing that. He hurt me by commenting that we should not have gone for any overseas trip then, erm and I am the payer of the Korea trip we will be making. Co-ordinator as well, spending time to pay the monies, collect the bag, go for the briefing, finding out info... It's not appreciation I am looking, just not attack is good enough. To add to that, I have savings parked aside besides paying for this trip for the family.

Pissed 5:
I will start at my new office on 5 Dec, he kept insisting that I meet this ex-colleague of his. I told him I will do so after settling in. He gave a ton of comments about how good network is impt in the new co unlike my current co. What really cuts me is that he does not understand the depth of my job and why is he giving me so much unneccessary advise?

There, I have rant it all. I am feeling a tad better than before.